If you have folders in a site that should only be seen by authorized users, restrict access to these folders by password protecting them. Protect a folder of your site with a password and enter authorized users:
- Go to Websites & Domains and find the domain name of the website.
- Click Protected Folders, and Add Protected Folder.
- In the Folder name field, enter the search path to the folder that you want to protect with a password.
This can be any folder in the site, for example: / secured. If the folder you want to protect has not yet been created, enter the search path and the name of the folder - Plesk will create it for you.
- In the Title of the protected environment field, enter a description of the information you are protecting or a welcome message that visitors will see when they visit the protected environment.
- Click on OK. The folder you specified is now protected.
- To add authorized users, click on the folder name / protected and then on Add user.
- Specify the username and password that will be used to access the protected environment. The password must contain between 5 and 14 characters. Click on OK.